What is the Stuff of Music? Expression in Early Western Music (Webinar)
Thursday May 31st, 4-5:30pm
• What do we hear when we hear music?
• How is the sound organized?
• What could we do to sharpen our skills in listening to music?
In this webinar, conductor and regular CiRCE lecturer John Hodges will lead us in a discussion on what to listen for in music, using examples from the Early Church to help us learn something more about how composers speak to their audiences through the language of Western music. Topics will include: the elements of music, melody, harmony, form, rhythm, texture, and timbre, along with examples of how various composers exhibit their craft.
• The seminar will be recorded; however, you must sign up before May 31st to have access to it. Registration will be cut off at 2:00pm (EST) on May 31st.
• Please note that login information for the seminar will be sent an hour before the seminar (May 31st).
- Price: $10.00