Restful Teaching Conference - Concord, NC
Holy Trinity Reformed Church
3747 Trinity Church Road,
Concord, NC 28027
What scares you the most when you think about teaching? What causes you the most anxiety as a teacher or a homeschooling parent?
We often hear about what seem to be universal fears: assessment standards, college, setting students free. Most of all, making sure our students grow up to be godly young men and women.
Despite all those fears, we are told to be anxious for nothing. But that's easier said than done. So how can we rid ourselves of unnecessary and self imposed anxieties? How can we identify what we should actually be concerned with and avoid the things that are better let go?
This event will answer those questions by presenting ways of approaching assessment, teaching, curriculum, and purpose restfully.
Join us as we contemplate the myriad reasons God gives us to unburdened and faithful in our teaching.
- Restful Teaching: Why restful teaching rises when teaching is oriented toward perceiving truth and Truth
- Restful Planning: There are three modes of teaching/learning (the three columns) that enable us to plan restfully
- The Restful Curriculum: The arts of truth-fishing
- Restful Pedagogy: Teaching truth
- Restful Assessment: Evaluating truth perception
9:00-10:15 - "Restful Planning" with Andrew Kern
10:30-11:45 - "Purpose-Driven Teaching" with Matt Bianco
1:15-2:30 - "Finding Rest in Hardship" with Brian Phillips
2:45-4:00 - "Learning to Let Go" with Karen Kern
4:00-4:30 - Q&A Panel
- Price: $27.00