A Practical Guide to Socratic Teaching
When: January 30, 4:00-5:30pm EST
Cost: Only $10!
<<< PLEASE NOTE: The webinar has reached online capacity! You can still register to receive the webinar recording, but will not be able to attend live. >>>
Socratic teaching is one of the hallmarks of classical education. The classical teacher teaches Socratically. We read books and attend workshops on Socratic teaching as part of our training to make that happen. What is Socratic teaching, though? How do you do it? How do you do it well? How do you assess it? Does it look different between a single teacher and a single student than it does between a teacher and a classroom of students?
In this webinar, Matthew Bianco will introduce to Socratic teaching as it was modeled for us by Plato through the character of Socrates. Not just a webinar on the theory and philosophy of Socratic teaching, this webinar will give a practical guide to doing. It will answer very specific and practical questions, such as
- What are the prerequisites to Socratic teaching?
- What are the stages of Socratic teaching?
- What are the tools of Socratic teaching?
- What is the right way to start a Socratic lesson?
- What is the best way to end a Socratic lesson?
- How do you assess a Socratic lesson?
Join Matthew on Thursday, January 30, 2020 from 4:00 - 5:30pm EDT for "A Practical Guide to Socratic Teaching."
• The seminar will be recorded; however, you must sign up before January 30 to have access to it. Registration will be cut off at 2:00pm (EST) on January 30.
• Please note that login information for the seminar will be sent an hour before the seminar (January 30).
- Price: $10.00