Norms and Nobility - Webinar
When: March 31, 7:30-9:00pm EST
Cost: Only $10!
Can't make the webinar live? Sign up before March 31st and receive access to the recording!
Come and explore one of the best books written on classical education. This webinar will introduce David Hicks’ book, Norms and Nobility, and we will briefly examine some of the most important elements of classical education.
According to Hicks classical education is not primarily concerned with a particular time or place, but stands instead for “a spirit of inquiry and a form of instruction concerned with the development of style through language and of conscience through myth. The key word here is inquiry. Everything springs from the special nature of the inquiry” (18).
It is with this spirit of inquiry that we will seek to understand the nuances of classical education laid out in this great work.
In this webinar, we will explore these prominent elements in this book:
• Normative vs. Analytical Questions
• Prescriptive vs. Descriptive nature of education
• The intensely relational nature of classical education
• Dialectical teaching
• Christian Paideia
I love talking about this book! There is nothing better that has been written about classical education. I look forward to the discussions we will have.
• The seminar will be recorded; however, you must sign up before March 31 to have access to it. Registration will be cut off at 2:00pm (EST) on March 31.
• Please note that login information for the seminar will be sent an hour before the seminar (March 31).