The Music of the Gods - Expression in the Music of the Renaissance and the Baroque (Webinar)
In this webinar, conductor and regular CiRCE lecturer John Hodges will lead us in a discussion on what to listen for in music, using examples from the Renaisance to help us learn something more about how composers speak to their audiences through the language of Western music. Topics will include: What Apollo and Dionysus have to do with music, the elements of music, melody, harmony, form, rhythm, texture, and timbre, along with examples of how various composers exhibit their craft.
• What do we hear when we hear music?
• How is the sound organized?
• What could we do to sharpen our skills in listening to music?
• The seminar will be recorded; however, you must sign up before June 28th to have access to it. Registration will be cut off at 2:00pm (EST) on June 28th.
• Please note that login information for the seminar will be sent an hour before the seminar (June 28th).
- Price: $10.00