Enlightenment Aesthetics: Expression in the Music of the 18th and 19th centuries (Webinar)
In this webinar, conductor and regular CiRCE lecturer John Hodges will lead us in a discussion on what to listen for in music, using examples from the 18th and 19th centuries to help us learn something more about how composers speak to their audiences through the language of Western music. Topics will include: The elements of music, melody, harmony, form, rhythm, texture, and timbre, along with examples of how various composers exhibit their craft.
• What do we hear when we hear music?
• How is the sound organized?
• What could we do to sharpen our skills in listening to music?
• The seminar will be recorded; however, you must sign up before July 26th to have access to it. Registration will be cut off at 2:00pm (EST) on July 26th.
• Please note that login information for the seminar will be sent an hour before the seminar (July 26th).
- Price: $10.00