Quiddity #72: Adam Andrews on Teaching Literature (Part 2)
Join David Kern and guest Adam Andrews, of the Center for Lit, for part two of their conversation about teaching literature. In this episode they focus on the challenges (and rewards) of teaching contemporary literature.
- A summary of Adam's article in our forthcoming summer magazine
- why it's important to read the literature of our own time to help us understand the times in which we live
- how writer's say "ecce homo"
- choosing books specifically for the classroom
- focusing on learning to read well rather than on what we read
- the value of reading fewer books well
- and much more.
This episode is brought to you by our good friends at the Institute for Excellence in Writing. Learn more about their powerful writing, speaking, and thinking tools at iew.com.