Quiddity #71: Adam Andrews on Teaching Literature (Part 1)
In this episode of our flagship podcast, Adam Andrews, of the Center for Lit, joins David to chat about approaches to teaching literature.
- The difference between academic interpretation and "reading well"
- when themes should matter in lit teaching
- how to balance teaching components of literature with letting books be what they are,
- the habits all great readers share,
- common practices in literature education that Andrew opposes,
- and much more.
This episode is brought to you by our good friends at the Institute for Excellence in Writing. Learn more about their powerful writing, speaking, and thinking tools at iew.com.