Quiddity #68: Get to Know Dr. George Grant
On this episode of Quiddity, our flagship show, David Kern chats with Dr. George Grant, winner of the 2017 Russell Kirk Paideia Prize.
Dr. Grant is the Pastor of Parish Presbyterian Church, Director of the King's Meadow Study Center, Founder of both Franklin Classical School and New College Franklin, and Coordinator of the Chalmers Fund. He is the author of dozens of books in the areas of history, biography, politics, literature, and social criticism and he has written hundreds of essays, articles, and columns. He has pioneered efforts to establish Classical Christian Schools in the US around the world. He makes his home in Middle Tennessee near the historic town of Franklin with his wife and co-author Karen. Together they have three grown children and four grandchildren.
Topics of conversation include:
- How Dr. Grant Discovered classical education
- His astonishment at discovering how lacking his education really was (9:30)
- How he got into school start-up (14:40)
- The future of classical education in our country (18:50)
- His biggest fear for classical education (21:30)
- Rapid fire questions (24:50)
This episode of the CiRCE Institute Podcast Network is brought to you by our friends at Memoria Press.