The Mason Jar #32: Megan Hoyt on Composer Study
In this episode of The Mason Jar Q&A, Cindy chats with author Megan Hoyt about composer study and Charlotte Mason. Megan is the author of A Touch of the Infinite: Studies in Music Appreciation with Charlotte Mason and the moderator of the music section at AmblesideOnline.
- Math and music (6:00)
- The most surprising thing she learned about Mason's method for composer study (10:45)
- A book that encapsulates what Mason was trying to do (18:25)
- How composer study involves more than she originally thought (21:30)
- Teaching music appreciation when you are not a gifted musician (24:40)
- Where to start composer study (29:00)
- How a little bit goes a long way (38:30)
- What she's reading (43:30)
Books mentioned in this episode:
- A Touch of the Infinite, by Megan Hoyt
- The Term's Music, by Cedric Howard Glover
- When Children Love to Learn, by Elaine Cooper
You can learn more about Megan and her work here.