Generally considered to be one of the most important works of western literature, Dante’s multi-layered epic poem will offer us a myriad of discussion topics as we continue to develop skills to assist in wise judgment using LTW Level II and the Judicial Essay. Instruction will begin in the fall with a review of Level I material before diving into new Topics of Invention, Arrangement tools, and Elocution skills offered in Level II. The Judicial Essay will include work with citation, a focus on the audience, problems of bias, and explorations of justice, laws, evidence, and motive.
Suggested Age: 15 years old and up
Prerequisites: Successful completion of Level I or instructor and/or headmaster's permission.
- The Lost Tools of Writing Level Two - Student Workbook
- Inferno, Dante Translated by Anthony Esolen Illustrations by Gustave Doré ISBN-10 : 9780812970067,
- Purgatory, Dante Translated by Anthony Esolen Illustrations by Gustave Doré ISBN-10 : 0812971256 ISBN-13 : 978-0812971255 ISBN-13 : 978-0812970067,
- Paradise, Dante Translated by Anthony Esolen Illustrations by Gustave Doré ISBN-10 : 9780812977264 ISBN-13 : 978-0812977264,
- Ascent to Love: A Guide to Dante's Divine Comedy by Peter J. Leithart ISBN-10 : 1885767161 ISBN-13 : 978-1885767165
Registration Numbers: Minimum 4; Maximum 14