Before reading the foundational works of Western Civilization, students should be well-grounded in the myths of history’s main civilizations. In this course we will study mythology of Ancient Greeks, Romans, Celts, and Norse Men while also learning Level 1 of Lost Tools of Writing. By working through LTW I, students will have the opportunity to ponder choices made by the mythical characters. Each class period will devote some time to discussion of a story and some time to LTW instruction. Students will complete eight persuasive essays during the course.
Suggested Age: 12 years old and up
- The Lost Tools of Writing Level One - Student Workbook
- The Golden Fleece by Padric Colum
- The Children’s Homer by Padric Colum
- The Children of Odin by Padric Colum
- The Island of the Mighty by Padric Colum
Registered Numbers: Minimum 6; Maximum 14