Great Hearts Academies is a growing non-profit network of twenty-nine charter schools currently serving approximately 16,000 students in Arizona and Texas. Great Hearts’ academies are substantially outperforming other public and private schools, proving that tuition-free schools can do a superb job of educating students if they are smaller, more efficient, and set higher expectations for all students through a core, classical liberal arts curriculum. We gladly prepare our graduates for success in the best colleges and universities in the nation, but our main purpose is the formation of the soul, heart, and mind. We believe that the highest goal of education is to become good, intellectually and morally.
JOB OPENINGS 2018-19:
• Mathematics: Pre-Algebra to Calculus
• Sciences: Life Science, Earth/Physical Science, Biology, Physics, Chemistry
• Humanities: Western Traditions of Literature, History, Philosophy, Economics
• Elementary Classroom Teachers
• Fine Arts: Music, Poetry, Visual Arts, Drama
• Languages: Latin, Ancient Greek, Spanish, French
• Special Education and ESL: Coordinators, Resource Teachers, Math/Reading Interventionists
• Physical Education: Teachers, Coaches (Extracurricular)
APPRENTICE TEACHER PROGRAM
This program offers new teachers an intentional, individualized course of study and mentorship with a Master Teacher as they learn the craft of teaching in a classical, liberal arts primary-school environment. This full-time, paid apprenticeship is ideal for individuals who wish to gain valuable experience in the Great Hearts classroom. Upon the successful completion of the program and milestones, Apprentices are recommended to lead teaching roles in lower, middle, or upper schools across the network.
- Our academies are bastions of academic rigor and excellence and attract students who are curious and diligent.
- Classes are run Socratically - teachers are expected to be guides as well as participants in the search for Truth, Goodness, and Beauty.
- The faculty of the Great Hearts Academies is a true community of life-long learners who participate in seminars, attend classical music concerts, hear lectures on art, philosophy, mathematics, and other topics in the liberal arts, and enjoy frequent fellowship together (frequently over food and drink!)
- Certification is not required; the majority of our faculty hold undergraduate/graduate degrees in the academic subjects they teach and/or undergraduate or graduate degrees from top liberal arts programs.
How to Apply/Who to Contact
Candidates may begin the application online at www.greatheartsamerica.org/careers
. The site offers much information about teaching at Great Hearts, and includes a brief initial application, through which you may submit materials for review by Headmasters and Lead Office staff. Per your indication of regional preferences (Arizona and/or Texas), and openness to consideration in multiple regions, we will make your application available to all relevant Headmasters and/or Hiring Managers. If you have further questions, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org