Great Hearts Academies is a non-profit network of thirty K-12 public charter schools in Arizona and Texas, offering a core, classical liberal arts curriculum. We gladly prepare our graduates for academic success at the best colleges and universities, but our main purpose is the formation of the soul, heart, and mind. We believe that the highest goal of education is to become good, intellectually and morally. Our faculty constitute a true community of life-long learners who participate in seminars, attend classical music concerts, and hear lectures on art, philosophy, mathematics, and other liberal arts topics.
JOB OPENINGS 2018-19:
• Mathematics: Pre-Algebra to Calculus
• Sciences: Life Science, Earth/Physical Science, Biology, Physics, Chemistry
• Humanities: Western Traditions of Literature, History, Philosophy, Economics
• Elementary Classroom Teachers
• Fine Arts: Music, Poetry, Visual Arts, Drama
• Languages: Latin, Ancient Greek, Spanish, French
• Special Education and ESL: Coordinators, Resource Teachers, Math/Reading Interventionists
• Physical Education: Teachers, Coaches (Extracurricular)
APPRENTICE TEACHER PROGRAM
This program offers new teachers an intentional, individualized course of study and mentorship with a Master Teacher as they learn the craft of teaching in a classical, liberal arts K-5 environment.
Apprentice Teachers are valued members of the faculty community and the roles are full-time, paid positions with benefits. The Great Hearts Apprenticeship is an effective pathway to Lead Teacher
opportunities within 1 to 2 years.
JOINING GREAT HEARTS
• Certification is not required; our faculty hold undergraduate or graduate degrees in a myriad of disciplines.
• Great Hearts sponsors MAT programs uniquely designed for Great Hearts teachers at University of Dallas and Templeton Honors College of Eastern University.
• The Great Hearts benefits package includes a very competitive health care plan, a company matched 401K, and merit/tenured-based bonuses.
How to Apply/Who to Contact
Candidates may begin the application online at www.greatheartsamerica.org/careers
. The site offers much information about teaching at Great Hearts, and includes a brief initial application, through which you may submit materials for review by Headmasters and Lead Office staff. Per your indication of regional preferences (Arizona and/or Texas), and openness to consideration in multiple regions, we will make your application available to all relevant Headmasters and/or Hiring Managers. If you have further questions, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org