At Founders Classical Academy, we believe that there is greatness in every human being, and everything we do is aimed at drawing that greatness forth. To that end, we offer a rich curriculum steeped in the best of the Western Tradition. We study all subjects for their own sake. We give necessary focus to the every part of the human person. We teach, and expect, students to grow out of mediocrity into nobility through the practice of virtue. We offer a liberal education.
Our priorities are different from those of most other schools. We aim:
- to teach students to love Truth, Goodness, and Beauty, and examine life by that standard;
- to ponder and discuss our shared human condition;
- to pass on the best of our Western and American heritage; and
- to cultivate the moral and intellectual virtues essential to the citizens of a free republic.
The school curriculum includes instruction in explicit phonics, spelling, reading, grammar, orthography, composition, Greek and Latin roots, Singapore mathematics, the Latin language, history, literature, the Core Knowledge Sequence, the visual and performing arts, and much more, but even the best curriculum is no substitute for a great teacher. If you have ambitions of becoming such a teacher, we invite you to join us in our mission to revolutionize American education.
We seek to form a faculty of friends with an ethos of excellence and the heart to love students for their own sake. We seek teachers:
- who will practice and train students in the virtues of prudence, justice, fortitude, temperance, and charity,
- who will teach them to love the Good, the True, and the Beautiful,
- who understand and are committed to the school’s mission,
- who have tremendous habits of organization,
- who communicate effectively,
- who have a demonstrable history of excellence in academics,
- who will convey knowledge to young people with charisma and clarity.
Knowledge and experience are prized above teacher certification.
Founders Classical Academy of Schertz is a tuition-free classical charter school, opening in the 2016-17 school year for grades K-7, in the San Antonio area. We plan to expand one grade per year through the twelfth grade. We are supported by Responsive Education Solutions, which runs more than 70 charter schools in Texas and Arkansas.
How to Apply/Who to Contact
Interested applicants should apply to the Schertz postings at https://responsiveed.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx
. Enter “Schertz” in the search bar.