About The Connection School of Houston
The Connection School of Houston is a Christian community committed to discipling children to love God with all of their hearts, souls, and minds and to love others as themselves.
The school is founded on Matthew 22:37-40: “Jesus replied: ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
TCS is a Christian classical school that carries out its vision by using Scripture and the Seven Liberal Arts to cultivate wisdom and virtue in the lives of its students.
● Established: 2012
● Grades Served: K-12
● Current Enrollment: 210
● Faculty & Staff: 35
● Average Class Size: 14
● Accreditations: AdvancED, NCAA
● Affiliations: ACSI, CiRCE Institute
● Electives: Music, Art, Spanish, Classical Guitar, Yearbook, STEM
● Extra Curricular Clubs: National Honor Society, Student Council, 4-H Club, Spirit Squad
● Athletics: (Jr. High/High School, Men’s/Women’s) Volleyball, 6-Man Football, Basketball, Soccer, Track
& Field, Baseball/Softball
● TCS is a Christian Classical school that seeks to educate the whole child - connecting academics, faith,
● TCS trains students in wisdom and virtue through implementing a biblical worldview within the Seven
Liberal Arts tradition.
● TCS equips students with the tools to be lifelong learners.
● TCS teaches students to pursue truth, goodness, and beauty to better know and glorify God and to love
About the Position
● Bachelor’s Degree
● 3 years high school math teaching experience
● Evidence of high level of proficiency in secondary math
● Leadership experience
● Training in classical instruction methods
● Experience and knowledge in secondary science
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Perform assigned teaching responsibilities.
● Oversees curriculum and instruction of math department under the supervision of the Head of School or
● Accurately demonstrate knowledge of the content area and approved curriculum.
● K-12 Curriculum vertical alignment knowledge.
● Assists in planning the professional development program for faculty.
● Collaborates and meets with teachers regularly for lesson planning, differentiating and modeling
● Assists in facilitating the integration and use of instructional technology, as appropriate.
● Select, use, and interpret evaluation data.
● Serves as a mentor and role model in the creation of a learning environment.
● Ability to communicate effectively to achieve assigned duties.
● Takes on other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
● Assists in interviewing teachers during the hiring process.
● As requested by the Head of School or Principal, observe the teaching of members of the department
that might need assistance in classroom management, development of lessons, or any other area
related to classroom teaching. Conference with the teacher and make constructive recommendations.
● Review requests for new equipment, instructional materials and supplies for the department. When
requests are appropriate, submit request following TCS procedures.
● Monitor the curriculum that is being taught in the classroom by the department members.
How to Apply/Who to Contact
If interested, please send cover letter and resume to:
For more information, please call: 832-544-6031